Monday, October 18, 2010

No update yet but... how about some cool videos?

Hey SIDers,
As of yet I haven't had time to write an update of last week's SID meeting (absolutely horrible, I know) BUT since I love you all dearly and feel a need to make up for my delay in posting I decided to share some cool videos with all of you.

First off, remember a couple weeks ago when I posted about the Peery Film Festival?  (If not, give yourself a slap on the wrist and check out my post about it).  All the videos are now available online!  You can find links to them by visiting the Peery Film Festival Website

Also, check out this video from Bill and Melinda Gates' Living Proof campaign, now managed by the ONE Campaign (remember, we're joining the ONE Campus Challenge this year?  Join as a member of our campus by signing up here).  Earlier today in a live internet broadcast Bill and Melinda, along with Dr. Debrewerk Zewdie, the Deputy Executive Director of the Global Fund, shared stories about something we don't often discuss in development--successes in the fight against global poverty.  The presentation is a long one and I've only just started watching it myself--I would suggest skipping at least the first 20 minutes of it (unless you want to watch twenty minutes of pictures without dialogue).

Don't forget that SID is on WEDNESDAY night at 7:00pm in the Kennedy Center this week.  We're honored to have Michael Gerson, former Bush Speech Writer, as a guest speaker.  Be there, all the cool kids are doing it ;)

Oh and guess what?  SID Bonfire this weekend!  Check out the facebook event for details.

I promise I'll post about last Thursday soon!

Much love,
Ama Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment